30 day blog challenge accepted.
February 8, 2014
I accepted a 30 day blog challenge from a dear friend, Cassie. 30 things my kids need to know about me. I only have one kid, so I’ll just personalize it to 30 things I want Ian to know about me.
Full disclosure: Winter makes me rather morbid, and I’ve been thinking what if Ian never gets to know me beyond his baby years? Haha, but I think winter makes other people morbid, too, with more videos and articles circulating about dying parents leaving memos and videos and what-nots for their small children before they leave. But morbid things aside, this will be a fun incentive to write every day and “talk” to Ian about more meaningful things than Come here, Are you hungry?, Diaper change?, All done?, and Nigh’ nigh. Even if he can’t read it ’til later. ;]
Here are the topics as Cassie listed them. Once I get to Day 8, I’ll decide whether I keep the original question or the new one she wrote. Any other takers? If so, let me know. I’d love to read yours!
- List 20 random facts about yourself.
- Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
- Describe your relationship with your spouse.
- List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
- What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
- If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
- What is your dream job, and why?
- What are 5 passions you have? Tell me about the places you have lived.
- List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
- Describe your most embarrassing moment.
- Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
- Describe a typical day in your current life.
- What’s the hardest part of growing up?
- Describe 5 weaknesses and strengths you have.
- Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.
- What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
- What is the one thing you wish you were great at?
- What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
- How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
- Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
- Describe your relationship with your siblings.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
- What’s your favorite holiday and why?
- What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
- What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
- What is your favorite part of your body and why?
- What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
- What are your hopes and dreams for your future?
- List 10 things you hope to be remembered for.